How many dives ina single Day ?

What is the most dives you have done in a single day

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uaflyer

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just wondering how many folks have done.

Surfacing doesn't count :11ztongue
This means you actually leave the water and return.

beansed:
Just wondering how many folks have done.

Surfacing doesn't count :11ztongue
This means you actually leave the water and return.

You should ask how many hours we spend in the water in a day... :10:

I did 11 once while helping to research a site for a new artificial reef. Probably not the healthiest thing to do. I sure was careful on my ascents towards the end of the day.

When I was DMing and going through all my training, it was very common to average about 5 a day, almost every day. Most of them were shorter dives, at shallower depths. Usually taking a Discover Scuba Class out on thier Open water, Scuba refreshers, Tours, or my own training dives. So usually 40 ft or less. But Id try and sneak in one good 80+ft dive per day.

Warm water - 5 dives (Bonaire) with a total bottom time of 5 hours and 28 minutes

Cold water - 4 dives (Nanaimo, BC) with a total bottom time of 3 hours and 43 minutes

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Warm water - 5 dives (Ko Bon/Tachai, Thailand) with a total bottom time of 3 hours and 53 minutes.

Cool water 7 dives (Catalina), warm water 6 dives (max allowed, Thailand). Diving that frequently I always do my deep dives first, then stay in the shallows (< 40 ft) videotaping for the last few.

I generally don't count a dive if it is less than 30 minutes unless there is a specific reason to.

Dr. Bill

For the past ten years it's been mainly 1-2 dives per day. I didn't count the short dives during my Divemaster class, otherwise I'd be one of those people bragging about having 20,000 dives. :D

drbill:
I generally don't count a dive if it is less than 30 minutes unless there is a specific reason to.

Dr. Bill

Hey Dr. B,

Out of curiousity, why wouldn't you count all the dives?

Joe

Interesting discussion. I'm wondering if there are any guidelines concerning maximum hours underwater in a single day. I'm heading for a dive vacation, and planning on 2-3 dives per day, all at less than 60 ft. Probably most will be 40ft. or less. I'm assuming that with long surface intervals, and doing what my conservative Cobra computer says, I should be okay even if I did more than that. Maybe I'll ask Dr. Deco.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom