How many hobbies do you have, other than diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is reading really a hobby? Because if reading was a hobby...then watching tv would also be considered a hobby, wouldn't it?

Just to add: because if reading was a hobby, then I also have a 3rd hobby, which is watching tv. I watch A LOT of tv!

Music is my other all consuming hobby. I play in two orchestras, two community bands, two big bands, a wind quintet and a sax quartet. Just got a phone call about a Dixieland band looking for a clarinet player. I have to schedule dive trips around performing. Which restricts me to a very short window in a couple times of the year.

Then there is owning a 50 year old wooden boat. Not so much time consuming as $ consuming. It lives in a boathouse and gets about 1 mile to the gallon.

Ugh....motorcycling, track days. Wake boarding and hence boating. Bicycling daily, and flying although that’s more of a vocation.....trying various tequilas is more common than not :wink:....life is way too short imho.

In order of expensiveness:
1)Diving/snorkeling, dive club
2)Fish tanks, too many fish tanks, including the bucket of goldfish with a couple of water lilies i have outside. Still alive, yay!
3)Garden club and workshop programming, the most work and social.
4)“Picking” which is basically getting free/cheap stuff to sell on eBay, Craigslist, etc.
5) Cat Rescue fundraising, although i am really more of a dog person. Hobbies don’t have to make sense.

Hey folks...first post here....to answer the question, other than diving:

1) Backcountry skiing
2) Mountain Biking

I'm out of money after that with just enough left over for gardening veggies

Well, let me see what I got in my hobby department...Chasing women, smoking cigars, drinking French cognac, collecting Rolex watches...but somehow none of these is stretching my diving.

Camping, backpacking, hunting, competition precision rifles, prairie dog hunting, two line kites, skydiving, gardening, furniture building, motorcycles, road and mountain biking, koi raising, raising cattle, RC airplane building and flying, homesteading, helping others, maintaining my roads with my grader, cooking and SCUBA....but not all at once. I didn't list anything I don't currently have the gear and current status to partake in but I need a clone or two. Oh, and moderating for scubaboard.

diving, skiing, snowmobiling, and motorcycles. I just picked up a 2018 Indian Chieftain to go with my Victory Cross Roads. Safe to say I like what Polaris does with two wheels.

Back
Top Bottom