How many people love Vintage Equipment Diving ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Salisbury Civil Service Sub Aqua Club. Diving from Loe. Late 1970's
Diving weekend in Loe. Recorded on 8mm film and transfered to video.Salisbury civil Service Sub Aqua Club.

The Sea Searchers - Clips from 1960 to 1970

MikePierce170

This short film was captured, compiled and edited by Ken Paddock of the Sea Searchers Spearfishing Club in Portland, OR. Footage was originally taken on 16mm film and transferred to DVD. All credit for this film goes to Ken. This is a great piece of Oregon freediving (and scuba) history that I felt needed to be shared. Enjoy!

I wonder ,how many people love Vintage Equipment Diving ? and How many collectors live whole world not just in USA ?
We are 4 collectors in my country and trying to incrase divers..
as far as I know too fond of this diving in Europe.. USA is another World.. there you can come together and know each other easy..
what can be done for other countries than USA ,We want to replicate the number of countries and mutual tours please write your ideas ..

I enjoy older gear because of it's simplicity. I realize the concept of continued development
with regards to anything man made, however I also think sometimes we tend to rush for something
new, when a current product works perfectly.
I still dive some pretty old stuff, Scubapro 1st generation Stabilizer Jacket, Air-1 regulator, Farallon fins and mask and believe it or not a Poseidon Uni Suit from the early 80s. Yes, I get lots of comments and some condescending. Properly taken care of, much can be said for the successful preservation of materials like rubber and other synthetics. I don't have the latest and greatest gear to show, nor would I advocate the use of old scuba gear by others, especially those new to the sport, but I'm still comfortable with properly maintained and used life support equipment for occasional recreation.

West Bend Aqua Club - Icediving 1975

Don Skalstad

Video by: Don Skalstad. Ice diving in Long lake located between West Bend Wisconsin and Fond du Lac Wisconsin. { Dundee WI} We were doing this at local Ice Fishing Tournaments in and around Washington County. This was shot by my brother Dennis Skalstad with a GAF Super 8 movie camera. The tall skinny guy in the yellow hat is Jim Lang owner of the West Bend Scuba shop located just south of the Technical school in West Bend. I recall the owner of the "Camera C

Back
Top Bottom