How many Scouts and Scouters are on ScubaBoard (Boy Scouts)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatooth

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Its always intresting where ever i go to see how many scouts or scouters i run into during my diving and traveling, and there experinices in scouting. I know that on this board NetDoc is a crewadvisor for a orlando based venturing crew and there is one other in the orlando area but dont remember his screen name.

Personally i have been involved in scouting for about 14+ years now and im a eagle scout(class of 2000). Im also active in my districits training staff for adult leader training, and also in the lodge working with the multimedia end of events. Im also avid patch trader and collector.

So scouts and scouters, sound off

Dan White
Eagle Scout - class of 2000
Circle Ten Council
Mikanakawa Lodge 101

I owe my involvement in scuba diving to the Boy Scouts of America. This year marks my 20th anniversary as an Eagle Scout. And I'm trying to get the local troop, team, and post involved in scuba.

I was never a Boy Scout, but I was an Adult Leader for many years until I moved to Virginia 2 years ago. I have served as Scoutmaster, Assistant Scoutmaster, Committee Member, and Chartered Organizational Representative. I also was on the District Committee and trained adult leaders. A wonderful organization and great program for young people (old people, too).

Scubatooth:
Its always intresting where ever i go to see how many scouts or scouters i run into during my diving and traveling, and there experinices in scouting.So scouts and scouters, sound off

Dan White
Eagle Scout - class of 2000
Circle Ten Council
Mikanakawa Lodge 101

As this has absolutely nothing to do with basic scuba discussions, you might ask a Mod to move it somewhere else.

I've been involved in Scouting leadership in Canada for 10 years, and I did about 6 years as a youth. Currently I'm an advisor with a Venture Company who all Scuba dive! We have 2 leaders and 7 youth and are currently planning an adVenture to the east coast of Canada (Nova Scotia south shore) for a week in August. It will be our first foray into salt water as we currently dive locally in the 1000 Islands region of the St. Lawrence river, current being relative as we are taking the winter off! (we dive wet).

Eric

Well, I got certified thru an Explorer Post in Western MA. I am also an Eagle Scout (1992). I havent been involved in Boy Scouts since then.

I was Scoutmaster of troop 279 Middletown Indiana from 88-94 .
The same troop in which I was a scout.
Enjoyed the experiance very much.
Oh.."I used to be a Bear, and a good ole Bear too. I've done so much Bearing I don't know what to do."

Dwain

Although not personally a BOY Scout, I am the proud mama of a Scout who is just about to get his 1st class rank. We've been involved with BSA since he was a Tiger so I feel like I am as much a scout as he is!

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:froggy:

I teach scuba at the BSA Camp Lanoche in Florida. I have done so now for the last 6 years.

I'm a third generation scout, the first Eagle Scout (1999) in my family and was in scouting since a Tiger (and both parents were too). I also made it to Sea Base 4 times as a scout.

GDI... I've been to Lanoche more than once, is it true it's Seminole for "Mosquito Headquarters in the Middle of Nowhere" :wink:

Ben

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom