How many Scouts and Scouters are on ScubaBoard (Boy Scouts)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well hold on to your sea horses, the Scuba Merit Badge will make it's debut later this year!

So they are finally going to do it! Figures, my guys have been out for 3- and 5-years respectively....Glad they made Eagle, wished they could have gotten the Scuba MB and I could have been a Scuba MB counselor...guess I can still do that part!

I'm a longtime scout and scouter. Eagle Scout class of 1984, Vigil Honor Member (OA), and ex-scoutmaster for a troop in Brussels, Belgium. My son decided not to continue in scouts (for this year), and my job keeps me at work 25 hours a day right now...So I'm not currently registered....Would love to be a Scuba MB counselor though!!!

All you have to do to register as a merit badge counselor is to submit a MB counselor application to your district MB coordinator. The Scuba MB won't be rolled out til around Jambo time next year is the latest I've heard. All this talk about signing up scuba MB counselors is just talk until the requirements are published. I've heard that counselors will have to have instructor rating.

Hey Mike..... I do hope someone remembers that except for a few exceptions, Divemasters don't have the training or "ability" to train non-certified divers ton be certified divers. I don't see how even the Scouts can give merit badge for Scuba if the person is not an already certiified diver. That is unless the Scouts want to invest (LOL) the money to start their own certifiying agency. This is my 2 cents....... Hope all is right with you & yours. MRSA is not showing in any tests for the last 3 months. I sure hope I have it beat this time!!!!!
YIS Grady

found this thread on a search, thought I'd kick it up...

Eagle Scout - Class of 1996 (Troop 464 Ras Tanura, Saudi Arabia)

I was a Professional Scouter (District Executive)for just about four years, summer camp program director for four summers, and Brotherhood member of the OA. I used to love teaching snorkeling at camp because it got me out of the camp office every night for a few hours. Once a week I'd do a scuba demo/talk as well. The Council was going to send me through divemaster/instructor training so I could teach scuba for Scouts/Venture Crews throughout the year and at camp, but I left the job befor it happened.

I've been out of Scouting for ablout nine years, but my son has just started asking to join the Cub Scouts.

Hey friends i like to tell you that this forum is great.....
===========
robert

I teach scuba at the BSA Camp Lanoche in Florida. I have done so now for the last 6 years.

I'm an ASM for troop 233 in the CFC. I am going to get certified in a couple of weeks and hope to spread the scuba bug to the rest of the troop. I know atleast one more leader is already certified.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom