How many tech dives per day ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How many technical dives per day are you ok with doing over say one week trip?

Has anyone ever experienced mild type 1 symptoms after repeated decompression dives? What were your profiles and GFs

How many technical dives per day are you ok with doing over say one week trip?

Has anyone ever experienced mild type 1 symptoms after repeated decompression dives? What were your profiles and GFs
2 a day to 200-250 feet. Deeper than 250, only 1 a day. No DCS after tech diving. GF's 35/70

Really depends on what you classify as a "Technical Dive" e.g. Longer medium depths in 40 M range or deep shorter dives over 60M Of course water temp and/or exertion levels can swing everything.

45m-60m = 2 dives, 60m-75m = 1 dive. No symptomatic DCS. GF30/80.

2 per day in 38-55F water. Depths in the 180-220ft range, runtimes around 90-110mins. 50/70 GFs. 90-120 min SIs. Never had a niggle.

Crank up the suit heat on both dives for sure. The more helium in diluent the better too. Don't go crazy on ppO2. It's the vasoconstriction and/or N2 that's going to bite you.

Never had to bailout during a trip, but if I did I would probably take the next dive or 2 off even if the leak/fix was obvious and easy to address. To allow for refilling BOs but also to have a bit longer SI and get my head back in the game.

Up to 50 meters 3 dives, up to 60 meters 2 dives. Sometimes done 2 near 60 dives and then about 20 meter dive. GF 45/80. Every 3rd or 4th rest day. And no DCS

Very aware of limitations, age, health, environmental etc.

1 tech dive a day.......max 5 concurrent with out a break.

It would be difficult to do more than two significant decompression dives a day unless you were on a a boat all day like a liveaboard or doing shore dives.

Multideco will allow you to do a number in one day if you have a sufficiently large surface interval between.

I assume to keep the oxygen clock in an acceptable range or am I missing something?
The OP is diving OC I think. But for me the pulmonary time starts to accumulate after about 3 days. Spiking to 1.3+ doesn't help too much on deco and after a couple days my lungs start to get pretty fried.

If I were diving OC I'd be sure to do low ppO2 trimix gas breaks to rest. Depending on the OC profile and O2 time I might skip those in a non-repetitive dive situation (ie. just do 24mins with no gas break). For a repetitive dive I would be more likely to intentionally not skip the break and do 10-5-15 or something like that. Full disclosure I haven't done a week of OC tech diving in a very long time. When I was doing trips like this it was often a 140-180ft deco dive then a second 32% no dive on a stage per day.

On CCR I aim for 1.25 ish in cold water. 1.1 sounds all nice but can make for even longer hangs that also wear you down, expose you to bad weather, cold etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom