How much easier is Nitrox 32% / EAN32% on your body?

How much easier or better does 32% feel for you in terms of post-dive tiredness?

• Nitrox makes me more tired.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nitrox is about the same as Air.

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • 1.5 Nitrox dives feels like 1 Air dive.

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • 2 Nitrox dives feels like 1 Air dive.

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • 3 Nitrox dives feels like 1 Air dive.

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • The above selection approximately scales-up linearly for me (3:2, 4:2)

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • The marginal benefit (w.r.t. tiredness) of Nitrox decreases with further dives.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Its perceived positive effect fades and eliminates with more diving experience.

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I doubt there will be any resolution to this debate. Anecdotal evidence is a contradiction in terms. There are just too many factors that have to be controlled and I agree with the above comment that there's not much compelling need for someone to design a double blind study with a significant number of divers, diving identical profiles -- all to test something that is very difficult to measure and may have as much to do with how well they slept the night before as what it in their bottle. If the fate of the world depended on it, you could figure it out, but it just isn't that important.

So, I dive nitrox when it is warranted and air when it is not. That decision is based on depth, desired bottom time, and desired conservatism.

Anecdotally (there I go....), and IMHO, adding a hood, vest or an extra mm of neoprene in order to stay a little warmer is going to have far more impact on how you feel after a dive than diving nitrox.

Back
Top Bottom