How much for a dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattiedread

Reaction score
What is a fair price to pay for a dive, or a dive package in Playa Del Carmine? We have a 5* PADI on premise, one tank per day included (that could be an early morning dive, we both like early morning dives).

Ideally we'd like (and think we can do this through the hotel) a day locally, two days over at Coz and a day maybe two at the Cenotes (our flight is 8pm, so a 24 hour stop won't be a problem).

Any comments or suggestions? Flight leaves at 8am 2/24... although I can probably check this board while down there.

I just got back from a week of diving in Cozumel. Diving was phenomenal. Dive prices were $48 US for a 2-tank boat dive including weights, a divemaster guide, and refreshments. This is for a boat with 6 divers and a divemaster. Add $10 more if you need BCD/reg/wetsuit. You can save a few bucks using a "cattleboat" operation, but I DON'T recommended it - that many divers in the water at one time scares off the fishies.

I recommend PapaHogs or Dive with Marin:
http://www.papahogs.com
http://www.cozumel-diving.net/martin/

Have fun!! Lisa

Most likely you're looking at $100 to $125 a day for trips from Playa Del Carmen to Coz, at least that's what they run from Cancun and I don't see them being any cheaper from there. Course you could always arrange your own diving in Coz and take the ferry from Playa Del Carmen and save $40 to $50 a trip. Locally around Playa Del Carmen, probably around $50 to $60 for a 2 tank. The cenotes are about the same as a trip to Coz.

i found the same thing as the others. I was there last month. About $50-$75 for a two tank, plus the ferry ride. Had a wonderful time. Stay with the small boats. Don't miss the cenotes.

The ferry is $14 round trip. Then a $4 taxi to the marina. The outfit we use is $65 for two tanks and a dive master. Usually eight people. Big, comfortable boat. Great lunch. I'll be eating four of 'em in March.

Tom

I found the tanks to be about $25.00 each also, if you have your own equipment, and don't need to rent.
Matt, be sure to tell them the Apple book mentioned the 1 tank a day free, for a 7 night stay.
It was not typed on the documents they sent, I noticed.
Stay firm, it was in the book, or go to the Apple rep in the resort if you have trouble.
Have fun!
:sunny:

If you are staying in Playa Del Carmen you may be diving with Dressel Divers Club. They work from a few of the hotels down there. ( Great People ) Get prices from their website and if you reserve over the net, they throw in a free tank.
Email is mailto: dresselcentral@retemail.es
Phone is 011-52-987-30200ext 3402

I just happened to have this info on my desk because I called them yesterday.

We've been planing a trip to COZ, and dives range from $45 - $55 depending on how large your party is, and depending on whether you will do a ship or boat dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom