How much heel area should be expose from open fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlitt

Registered
Reaction score
I just purchased a pair of Mares Volo in size regular, and the heel of my booties are sticking out approxmiately 3 1/2 finger width. Is that too much or do I need to get a next size up? My booties are men size are 9/10

Thanks in advance for your help.

rlit,

Unfortunately, you've given us a subjective measurement term. What is that in inches? :wink:

The major factors in determining what size fin to get are:

1) Whether or not the bootie fits snugly in the fin pocket with NO excess wiggling. IOW, the fin & the boot should feel like a single, integrated unit when the fin strap is properly adjusted.

2) how much you have to loosen or tighten the fin strap to make it fit your bootie. If you have to loosen it all the way out to fit your bootie, then you need the next size up fin (and vice versa).

Hope this helps,

~SubMariner~

SubMariner,
Please pardon my ignorance - I'm just a newbie.
I appreciate the information. Now I have an idea on what to look for.

Please pardon my ignorance - I'm just a newbie.

rlitt, I hope I didn't come across as being condescending... I was just trying to get as much info as possible in "common terms". Please accept my apologies if it came across as anything other than a desire to help.

Don't forget we were ALL newbies at one time. Good divers are ALWAYS learning!

BTW, there are NO "stupid questions".

THE ONLY STUPID QUESTION IS THE ONE THAT IS NOT ASKED.

DSDO,

~SubMariner~

Back
Top Bottom