How much pressure in a bottle of Coke?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good question actually! I bet there's some maths behind that one! Try taking a tomato down to 20 meters on your next dive! It will turn into a tiny purple ball like a grape NO JOKE - then turns back into a tomato

I am pretty sure this is not what actually happen, but if it was that would be awesome.

I think I am going to try it anyway... FOR SCIENCE! Maybe I will just bring a bunch of fruit and see what happens :p

Good question actually! I bet there's some maths behind that one! Try taking a tomato down to 20 meters on your next dive! It will turn into a tiny purple ball like a grape NO JOKE - then turns back into a tomato

having done this recently on my Advanced course, I can tell you this DID NOT happen

Take an orange with thick skin too. They are fun to play with under water. The are neutral and you can spin and hover them.

Tried this with a lemon... veeeery slightly neutrally bouyant. You can do reverse juggling :D Will do the tomato in a bit after I get a little refill for my bottle. I left the valve open so I've currently got no way to pressurize my pressure pot. Will probably post photos and probably video later after I equalize with one of my bigger tanks.

I'm not sure about a tomato or other fruit, but in really cold water I've had my nuts shrivel up and turn purple at depth.

So the next time you go diving, take both a tomato and grape with you. Before descending, show the other divers your tomato, and put it in the same pocket where you already have the grape. At depth pull out and display the grape. Upon re-surfacing bring out the tomato. voila

I want to try that stunt with a pony bottle and a Spare Air.. to demonstrate how your available air reduces at depth.... I wonder if anyone would fall for it :wink:

I want to try that stunt with a pony bottle and a Spare Air.. to demonstrate how your available air reduces at depth.... I wonder if anyone would fall for it :wink:

It would be interesting to see where you woud hide your pony bottle from view :D

yeah right, is that a pony in your wet suit or are you just pleased to see me?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom