How much should I sell these things for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,
I have been qualified for the last couple of years and got a large amount of scuba gear discounted greatly as part of a scholarship scheme. I no longer dive enough to warrant keeping it all and could do with some money.

Below is the list of items I am selling. What prices should these go for roughly if you could please help?

Waterproof D10 – Well used, one boot resealed. Wrist seal recently replaced, one spare wrist seal to match. Well-kept so fairly good condition, comes with bag.

Typhoon Lightweight Undersuit – Small. Good condition.

Beaver Titanium 6.5mm Neoprene Boots – Size 10. Good condition.

Otter Neoprene Hood – S. Used 2/3 times only.

Typhoon Titanium 3mm Neoprene Gloves – XS. Good condition.

Mares Vector Platinum BCD – S. Good condition, one of the outer pockets is ripped, however, no damage to the function of the BCD. Out of test – last test 26/6/15.

Aqualung LX Regulators – Fair condition. Some damage to the external metal on the first stage. Out of test – last test 26/6/15. With Suunto CB console – depth gauge always registers 3 metres deeper than actual but works fine.

Beaver Avenger Mask – Good condition. With case and Hot Tuna Snorkel.

IST Small Slate – Only used twice.

1.25m Weight Belt with 5 Beaver Weight Retainers – Never Used.

Maniago Shark 9 Knife – Only used once.

Seac Sub Vela Flex Fins – L-XL.Well worn, but good condition.

Typhoon Walrus Dive Bag – Good condition.

If you could give me any help, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks,
George

For used equipment I always look up the retail price online and ask for 50% of that if the item is in great/perfect condition. If the condition is not great I drop the price a lot more.

Same.^^^^^^

For used equipment I always look up the retail price online and ask for 50% of that if the item is in great/perfect condition. If the condition is not great I drop the price a lot more.
and a drop of a lot more is?

I generally consider used equipment at 25% of retail since very few items are in great condition. And it sometimes differs based upon my knowledge (or lack of knowledge) of the seller. This approach generally allows things to even out when I get a dud.

This thread reminds me of another thread regarding a local scuba swap where "pricing" of used gear becomes an issue.

Scuba Swap 2017 - 25th Annual

Same here, I'll start around half off and go from there. If it's like new then maybe ask for a little more than half off or if it's well used then less than half off.

As to how much is "a lot more", it all depends on the item. If I was buying a regulator that retails for $500 but hasn't been serviced and isn't a current model, I wouldn't want to pay more than $200.

Back
Top Bottom