How often do you visit a dive shop?

How often do you visit a dive shop?

• Never,..except for an emergency or vacation air fill.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Only for air fills, VIP, small items, i.e. straps

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Often

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • All the time, I buy all my gear there regarless of how over priced, I would sleep there and bath in

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Krisscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
How often do you visit a dive shop,

I do not do any isolated diving, have nine tanks. Not cost effective to buy a compressor,..I would love to own one.

I get my air at stations like Morrison springs.

Not a dive shop. The only thing they sell are entrance fees, sodas, candy bars. They have a little bit of rental gear. They sell no gear.

Customers have their own gear or have rented or bought it from the dive shops that take them out be certified.

http://www.geocities.com/krisl_1999/bumper_sticker.html

We use the same shop for all our gear. We've visited a few in the area but don't have the same comfort zone as we do with our fav. We visit for about everything except diving with them... for some reason schedules have not coincided with dives they've had offered.

i bought my tanks from my local dive shop ,so as a result i go there after every dive as i got 24 free airfills per tank ,and i will continue to go there after they are gone not just because
they have the cheapest fills at 4 dollars but because i like to shoot the **** about diving and see whats going on for the next dive oppurtunitee , i dont like to show up at the lake looking for a buddy . i ahve never had a problem hooking up ,as my dive shop makes a point to help there customers keep diving.
also one other i dont think ive ever been screwed by my dive shop ,i have bought a lot of gear from them and was able to finance the most expensive stuff . i know about ebay and leisure pro , but i like the service and company and when you figure shipping charges there isnt alot of savings at leisure pro .

A couple of times a week, I frequently dive with them on OW check outs and help with Try SCUBA events. This is fun and helps me to learn. They also do weekly fun dives. As they are the only shop in area and only place to get air, without them diving would be hard.

Only problem is every time I go in shop there is something else I want.

we buy all our major gear local. We have steel tanks and get them filled local. There are two scuba shops we trade with on a regular basis. There are two more we trade with once in a while. We are in one dive shop or another at least once a month.

I have purchased skins, suits, dry boxes, cameras and housings online.

We are looking at the "scuba tool box" at Lowes! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom