• 51 - 60

Votes: 86 28.0%
  • 61 - 70

Votes: 36 11.7%
  • Dusty

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I only started diving a couple of years ago and i am not quite 30 yet... Probably started into solo around 50ish dives or so... However, I will admit that the person that put the idea into my head about solo diving was a NAUI Tec instructor and a avid solo diver that is in his 60's. He gave me a lot of information on the subject and mentored me on the ins and outs of diving in general. So you could say that i came into solo diving as a young man under the wisdom of an old man... (However, 60 don't seem that old to me).

I'm only in my thirties and started solo diving around the age of thirty.
I had put my life on the line in far more dangerous situations than solo diving before I started diving at all though, so managing risks was not something new to me.

halemanō;6008578:
A better Q for the solo forum might be "how old were you when solo became one of your descriptors?"

B*gger off and make you own poll. :D

(It would be interesting)

To some I was already old when I started diving at age 45. Now at 66 I must be ancient. I still prefer to dive with a buddy, though I teach solo and do dive it. Heck with my buddy, we are solo most of the time, usually passing each other a couple times during a dive or at the anchor line at the end. I am no longer afraid of deco as a lot of my dives involve some and we dive the devil mix all the time diving our homemade breathers.

Safe Diving,

Dale

I'm 52 and didn't begin diving until I was 30. I still solo a few times a year, but not as much as a few years ago. I have a buit-in buddy at home now. :)
Before I met Merry, most of my dives were solo for several years.

i haven't reached the age where i'm proud to have achieved being that old and i hope i've many more things to achieve before i get to that age so i'm going to claim a woman's privilege & be coy about my age:)

Learned to dive solo as apposed to learning to dive then learning to dive solo.

Began solo diving in 1976, as a teenager.

So it was not due to lack of friends to dive with, evolutionary, or whatever.....

The ocean was right there, and I wanted to dive!! Simple as that.

Best wishes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom