How old do you go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Mialkovsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm approaching 62 and honestly the only signs of age my diving is showing is the lack of enthusiasm for cold water diving. I know of one lady who is into her 80's that continues to dive. She's a pistol and not a bit shy about chewing out a complete stranger for not helping her lift her tank for her.

56 and feeling good, except for the bad knee. Marian, my wife and lovely bride of 32 years was certified on her 50th birthday! She loves to dive and is always excited about the next trip! God love her!

Well, I'm 54, and I have to say that age is affecting my diving, only inasmuch as arthritis has made the equipment difficult to handle at times.

Despite the hooferaw about increasing diabetes/hypertension/COPD in the population, the fact is we're living longer and healthier lives, and us baby boomers are going to dive until they pry the regulators out of our cold, dead hands!

I'm 62 and I can tell every day that I'm less able to do most of the things I used to do. I don't hear as well, I don't see as well, I don't move as well, I'm borderline diabetic, and stamina is waning. But I still stay fairly active swimming over a mile 3 days a week and expect to continue diving into my 70's. Last year I carried my slung 63 to and from the entry point a couple hundred meters away. This year, I think I'll get a wagon or make 2 trips. But it sure is great getting paid for breathing.

Well I'm the kid so far at 51 but diving certainly keeps me young. I am in better shape now than when I was 35.

I am 53 and I've got alot of diving I want to do. I want to get my AOW this year. I was first certified in '82 and almost got killed in '84 at the Jetties in Panama City. Waves came in while we were down and almost got my brains beat out of me on the big rocks. I don't dive enough and I am going to change that, thanks to my Lake Lanier Looney Birds and the K!!!!

I'm 64 and . . . . . . . what was the question?

57 this year and leaving for a liveaboard trip next week.

I'll let you know how it went if I make it back! :D

I am 57 tomorrow, certified in 2001 and just logged my 200th dive in the BVIs a month ago and can hardly wait to start another season of inland cold water diving here at home in Alberta this summer. I am consistently becoming a better diver and am taking a course from my buddy and instructor this summer on Tech Diving. I dive DIR. I have my next winter dive vacation booked and partly paid for already. I have a little dream that I can get down to dive the Baja this early winter.

Diving is life - the rest is just a surface interval!

S.

looking at 57 this April and teaching more classes now than in the past 5 years.Going to Bonaire in May,Key West August and local on my boat all season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom