How old were you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was 21 for my first dive/snorkel. I was in Austraila taking a class, so I had to go dive the reef. Got hooked after that!

I was taught to scuba dive at age 11 while living in Spain. Continued for a couple of years til we moved to Vermont. Didn't get certified til 1998. I feel fortunate my Mom clicked a snapshot of my first dive in 1976.
C-Dawg

My wife and kids gave me an OW course as a gift for my 43rd birthday. Have not looked back since. My wife took her OW course at 48.

I did a lot of snorkling as a kid never got around to Scuba until I was 35 (2003) my wife and I both took an OW class together. Now I go when ever I get the chance, and base all my vacations around diving.

I was fourteen. I watched every underwater movie that was made, and I wanted to learn to dive as soon as possible. So, when I turned 14, I became certified.

I can't remember NOT having a mask stuck to my face as a kid. I hit the water with dive gear when I was 12, that was in 68.

Back
Top Bottom