How scary is a supersuit-leak while diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Short version:

If my Supersuit has a small leak does that mean that it does not withstand the pressure? And if so, if i have a small leak in the Super suit, will it kill the camera when i reach 18 meters)

Long version:

Hi! So, i have a wierd question for the board. To put it in context here's what happened; so we just bought a Hero Black 5 with a Super suit and a red filter to bring on our honeymoon to primairly film while diving. We did not have any problems during our first 3 dives which were at about 10m. But suddenly on the fourth dive which were at about the same depth (10m or so) i suddenly discovered that we have a leak in the Super suit when we got out of the water.

I figured that i might have some sand in the sealing silicone or something and that i should just rinse the house, change the backdoor to the extra backdoor that comes with the supersuit and try again. However, it did not seem to help. After todays dive i had a small amount of water inside the Super suit when i got up. Even after a very thourogh wash and inspection.

Now, to my questions. First of all, There seemed to only have been a very small leak, the housing was not filled with water, it was just wet on the inside. How much water is actually not good for the camera when the suit is still kinda sealed. Does the preassure actully press water inside the camera and break it if there is a small amount in the super suit or should i just carry on and not think about it?

We are currently in a place where the dives are deeper (about 10 - 18m) so i'm a bit scared to try to bring it down to 18m when there is water inside the super suit. The place we are also has no camera shop so we cant really just buy a new housing to be able to film the rest of our honeymoon, is there anything i can do to the housing to fix the problem?

I'm so sorry for the long post. Thank you so much for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom