How things should work according to Bryan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan@Vintage Double Hose

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
The scuba industry is a very small market struggling very hard to grow again. Cooperation between manufacturers and vendors is paramount to keep customers happy, interested and engaged.

It is no secret that Randy at Piranha Manufacturing and I are neighbors. We are also competitors. He and I sell many of the same things but we have a friendship and working relationship that benefits the customer most of all. Randy and I can combine orders to save customers on shipping and if either of us is out of a particular part that a customer needs then we are only a phone call away from each other. Neither of us cares who makes the sale as long as a sale is made. We do this all week long. When buying, we combine our orders for better pricing and to save on shipping costs. I get parts from him / he gets parts from me and hopefully working together we can fill the customers order without them having to wait on either of us.

I have the same type of relationship with the folks at XS Scuba, Dive Rite, HOG and many other smaller vendors. All of them know I manufacture and sell similar parts that they do but no one really cares as long as the practices of each business are adhered to. This is more of a handshake agreement than one on paper. I value someones word far more than I do documents or signatures.

I have never nor would I ever run my mouth in a negative way about any other company that had never given me a reason to do so...Doing so makes you look like an idiot, shows that you are afraid of the competition and overall not someone most customers want to do business with. This was proven out in spades yesterday.

I am here to help you get the best gear you can for the diving you want to do. I can't do that for all customers because I don't stock gear for certain types of diving. But on items I don't stock I will direct you to someone who does have it and can help you with it if at all possible. I expect the same from my fellow vendors and friends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom