How to add DS-51 AND focus light on one arm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wazzac

New
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I got a new Canon G9 and Ikelite housing for xmas and am now nearing my b'day and am thinking of asking for a lighting system to go with it.

The main thing that has been annoying me is focusing problems in lower light... so I'm really keen to add a focus light to my setup.

I'm on a bit of a budget, so I'm looking at the DS-51 with TTL and probably the Fisheye FIX mini focus light.

Me ike housing has a single handle/tray currently mounted.

Initial enquireies (here in Australia) indicate it's not a simple thing to mount that kind of light on the same arm as the strobe.

What is the best way to tackle this problem in a cost effective way?? should I use a diff brand arm system? what parts / adaptors should I use? What adaptors would I need to mount the focus light?

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Wazza

This should help. Not sure why they told you it's hard to do...

Strobe Arm Systems

Focuslights.jpg

Cheers Dennis, that #4074.1 looks like it would be ideal, however I assume it's only designed for the Ike lights mentioned? I cant find details as to how universal it is.

The fisheye focus light has a 36mm diameter and a "YS Adapter" whatever that is?

thanks for any further help

cheers

Yes, it's made for Ike lights and I'm not sure what the dimensions for your light are.

Tim has some excellent lights as well, I've actually been looking at buying one...:D

PM sent Tim...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom