How to apply for a marine park pass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvchief

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
View attachment 544249

Maybe I will go sign up for my card now and stop my part of the trash these near-indestructible bracelets make.

Remind me of the requirements? I was gonna get them, but didnt get around to it and now I forget....

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This has been split off from another thread, Licensed Dive Boats It was viewed by members as useful information but lost in an off-topic series of posts. Marg, SB Senior Moderator

Remind me of the requirements? I was gonna get them, but didnt get around to it and now I forget....

I can’t do a link but there is an app for your phone - I’ve seen it done on a desktop computer as well. Here’s a pic of the app - 20 bucks for the year.

Attachments

• 536C0575-D14A-414A-B491-2E621B473354.png
    536C0575-D14A-414A-B491-2E621B473354.png
    222.7 KB · Views: 195
I can’t do a link but there is an app for your phone - I’ve seen it done on a desktop computer as well. Here’s a pic of the app - 20 bucks for the year.

Really? You can buy the marine park pass online now?

Si Jefe!!

Here's a link to the online one, I did it on my phone though and just keep a picture of it in case of problems.

You still here?

Pasaporte para la Conservación CONANP

I wish! We were down in Sept, then with the reef closures we snuck back to get in 4 days of diving.

So you buy the pass online and then just keep a copy on your phone? I'm so in. I just never got to the park office to do it, but this makes it easy!

Si Jefe!!

Here's a link to the online one, I did it on my phone though and just keep a picture of it in case of problems.

You still here?

Pasaporte para la Conservación CONANP

What's the purpose of having your own account? So you can do shore dives in the park?

What's the purpose of having your own account? So you can do shore dives in the park?

1. Cuz its cool....

2. You are connected to Cozumel....

3. No more marine park bracelets. (I guess The 2019 cost is 68 pesos per bracelet per day and 372 pesos for the annual passport, so like 5.47 times the daily cost. 6 dive days and you are saving money?)

I bought it in June and it was like 19.95 us, forget how many pesos, so like ten dives at the time. At first I thought I’d rather pay the two bucks and give money to the park but if they aren’t getting it all....... I’d rather help out the park directly anyways in some way.

Most of us dive with the same people or groups so I just showed them the pic on my phone and no more bracelets - although a few DMs insisted, oh well.

Not sure how the dive ops handle it though, you technically shouldn’t be charged the park fee, but rates vary I suppose.

Yea, it’s for the park fee, boat dives, shore dives etc....

Yea, it’s for the park fee, boat dives, shore dives etc....

Just to clarify, he asked about shore dives in the park and I'm not sure he is asking if it covers the sanctuary fee for shore dives in the park (it does, as you say) or if it allows you to shore dive in the park (as I understand it, you still need to be with a registered DM guide).

Reactions: JFS
Just to clarify, he asked about shore dives in the park and I'm not sure he is asking if it covers the sanctuary fee for shore dives in the park (it does, as you say) or if it allows you to shore dive in the park (as I understand it, you still need to be with a registered DM guide).

Its strictly a 'no bracelet needed' thing.

And speaking of that and bashing southern hotels, if their people are in the water in the marine park, how come they don't need bracelets?

Back
Top Bottom