How to choose the right torch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, I had great experience at lightmalls.com. I had a D26 from XTAR that had a switch blow up on after about 11mo...I paid for return shipping to China and they fixed the switch and paid for return shipping. Overall, they were very quick and understanding. I was pleased with their customer service.

If it helps ya, I also have a D26, the "Whale" version, and I'm pretty happy with it so far. My only complaint could be the body diameter for the 26650 battery, but I'm also not as worried about forgetting my charger...Beyond that, so far, so good.

I placed an offer of 55 USD for the D26 Whale without batteries. I noticed that it Is compatible with 3 different types of batteries 18650 / 18700/ 26650 the first two with a sort of adaptor
Screenshot_20201217-203626.jpg

If it helps ya, I also have a D26, the "Whale" version, and I'm pretty happy with it so far. My only complaint could be the body diameter for the 26650 battery, but I'm also not as worried about forgetting my charger...Beyond that, so far, so good.

I put mine on a goodman handle. On the back I have it tied to a bolt snap which is then doused in superglue and a zip tie around all that. The bolt snap is attached to a piece of bungee tied around my forearm.

Can you tell I've lost a flashlight before?:)

67614491_2514943292068272_6018410059816501248_n.jpg
67317912_2422242827832954_1637661452187729920_n.jpg

I bought my 1st light almost 2 years ago, and to be honest lots of prices have inflated since then:(

My favorite mask, varios fittings, lights....its all gone up.

I put mine on a goodman handle. On the back I have it tied to a bolt snap which is then doused in superglue and a zip tie around all that. The bolt snap is attached to a piece of bungee tied around my forearm.

Can you tell I've lost a flashlight before?:)

I like that goodman handle design. I believe that's the same one you posted before, in your drysuit, correct? I'm going to have a few printed here, with no alterations. I had been using my OrcaTorch soft goodman, but I really don't like it, especially when removing and stowing...

I like that goodman handle design. I believe that's the same one you posted before, in your drysuit, correct? I'm going to have a few printed here, with no alterations. I had been using my OrcaTorch soft goodman, but I really don't like it, especially when removing and stowing...

Yes Sir, files on Thingiverse. Search goodman.... should come right up.

If I didn't have a printer this was my plan, to get a sock. I know a few people on here have about them... it still might happen at some point, who knows. I really like my little inexpensive handle though.

In the meanwhile I created a new thread about making a new safety lock for the XTAR D26 1600 that always turns on by accident in the 3D printing section of the forum
Help! Let's make a safety lock for the XTAR D26 1600
Perhaps someone will also fix this problem and share the files for printing some kind of safety lock that really works

I wish I had more time and knowledge to use my printer. I don't have either, but I have hope someone will come along and save the day.... when they do I'll throw a few $ their way for the trouble.

I wanted to add, make sure if you have someone print these to go heavy on the infill. At least 80% or greater (this is how "dense" the print is). My first print was 60% I think, and after a few months it started to crack where the bolts were.

Also, don't leave it in the sun if it's printed out of PLA (mine is) PLA is fine, but can't take heat. My 1st one did warp a little laying on the dashboard.... I just flipped it over and it warped back. If you can, ABS would be a better filament to print it out of, but also more expensive... but is supposedly pretty strong and no issues with heat afterwards from leaving in a hot car.

Just my 2 bubbles....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom