How to chose your diving destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rameus

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Since this question has brought up quite a bit attention in the whole forum I decided to write an article on how I choose my diving destinations and which factors are important to me when I plan them. You can find the article on my website. It includes also a few spots I have personally already been (of course with links to my portfolio) or places which were recommended.

Enjoy the article and tell me what you think about it. :)

Thomas

You forgot the most important factor in determining where to dive: the old lady.

We go on dive vacations based on where SHE says she wants to go.

My old lady's favorite wine (whine): I WANNA GO TO COZUMEL!

You forgot the most important factor in determining where to dive: the old lady.

We go on dive vacations based on where SHE says she wants to go.

My old lady's favorite wine (whine): I WANNA GO TO COZUMEL!
I can totally relate to that. --This holiday I wanted to go back to Fiji but she wanted Rarotonga.--yep we're off to Raro
For me its the added complication of destinations that are Kid freindly. A happy family means for me a happy Kaz (that gets lots of dives)

Biggest factor is what can I afford or what will my wife let me spend !! Also has to have things for my wife to do topside and activities for the kids when Im under water. Hopefully my oldest will be my new dive buddy on our next trip! Or we're going to be snorkeling, but that is a topic in another thread.

we chose our living destination, so we could be closer to our favorite diving destinations.

Good article.

-Mitch

It's very easy to determine a dive destination. Save up, beg or steal money and then fly to Egypt for diving in the Red Sea!!!!

I'm with Doc Harry; my wife doesn't dive, and doesn't even like to get wet, so our trips are based more on where SHE wants to go - I just find places to dive.

KevinL

ok guys... this definitely means i'll have to look for a wife who's diving then ;-)

That helps.....a lot. ;-)

I'm with Doc Harry; my wife doesn't dive, and doesn't even like to get wet, so our trips are based more on where SHE wants to go - I just find places to dive.

KevinL

Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. The year I went to Truk we just had to agree to do separate vacations that year. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom