How to decrease pressure on Mini Sten?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I have a Mares mini Sten and would like to decrease the pressure as I won't be using it for awhile. I read the manual and it states to just press on the 7 value with a 1.5mm in figure 1. My problem is the picture does not show very well. The only "pin" I see is where the power regulator is located, is this the pin? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for any help,

Rich

I have a Mares Snubnose for over 20 years have never released air for storage. Store with nose down so nose o-ring stays lubricated and does not dry out. Take a look at where you pump it up. There is a small pin on the fill valve. Just like a bicycle or car tire.

SpearfishingWorld.com/SCUBAsWorld.com Florida has parts and service if ever required.

I put a little silicon grease on valve cap threads because I have had it freeze on before from saltwater.

Last edited:
Okay Thanks for the information, I will check it out. Simple enough, directions given were not good far as I'm concerned. Nice to know about the parts and service also, again thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom