How to do what I want to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You would need a waterproof camera with a video output, and a cellphone data connected portable webcast streaming device to connect it to.

Without data/internet it gets costly with satellite up links or a repeater tower to bring in your own data connection.

If you have some more specific questions as you go ahead with the project feel free to ask.

Reread your post. Do you mean a topside monitor with a camera on a wire below? Standard inspection camera with an umbilicaled camera would do it.

Something like this randomly selected product? UnderWater WiFi Inspection Packs for GoPro and Action Cameras

Cameron

I have a Yi action cam that was about $80, plus a waterproof housing and it can connect to your mobile phone with a live view. Forget whether it's using Bluetooth or the built-in Wi-Fi to accomplish this. This obviously has limits to distance, interference of the boat hull and the battery/ time. The mobile phone can then output to a bigger screen. It can get the job done on the cheap but will not be as good as a rig designed for the specific purpose such as those already listed etc.

The GoPro HERO7 can stream live to Facebook, if that's what you're going for. You would still need satellite internet tho, as northernone mentioned...

Thanks, but no. An underwater monitor is the more appropriate description. Whenever we're at anchor at Darwin, maybe a dozen silkies are visible from the surface, but drop a GoPro in and there are more like 40 or 50. I thought it would be fun to watch what's under the boat on the salon TV while at anchor. No streaming, no internet signal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom