How to fix my Sea & Sea YS-D1 Strobe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to hijack,

Just back from my 1st trip w the YSD1.

The DS-1 strobe did a weird thing at some point... during a dive it stopped working and the light started to alternate Green/Red, which is indicating the batteries are low. It would not fire anymore.

The thing is, the batteries were fresh.

I got the batteries out and in again and could perform 6 more dives with the strobe firing ok after, possibly more as they were the last dives of the trip.

I heard about the recall :/

Call me stupid, but I dont find the Serial number on my Strobe!

Ne1?

Patrick

You most likely have a bad one. The serial number is inside the battery compartment.
Bill

No hijack. This sounds exactly like the problem that prompted the recall. I will be interested in your experience getting the update. As you will see from my previous posts, I have run into delivery problems having mistakingly sending it to the Canadian distributor as I had been asked to by Sea and Sea in California. Get in touch with Sea and Sea in California. They will give you an RA number. My advice is to send it directly to California, not through the CDN distributer. Hopefully you'll get it back much faster than I am.

Have you got your strobe back? Or still remain unknown location? Most importantly at least you know whereabout it is, kinda scary if ther sounds lost case.

No, As far as I know it is somewhere between BC and California. It may have arrived but with the Thanksgiving weekend, Sea and Sea was closed. Hopefully I'll find out today if they have finally received it.

---------- Post added November 26th, 2012 at 07:27 AM ----------

No, As far as I know it is somewhere between BC and California. It may have arrived but with the Thanksgiving weekend, Sea and Sea was closed. Hopefully I'll find out today if they have finally received it.

The ongoing saga of my strobe continues. Mailed it off by Canada Post on November 2nd. After arriving at Canadian Distributor on Nov 7th, it sat there till Nov 23rd or 24th, crossed the border and made its way to USPS Sort Facility in San Francisco. Sat there for another six days, Processed through another USPS sort facility, still in San Francisco, and left that facility today, December 1st . It will have been one month tomorrow that I initially mailed it off and it still hasn't even arrived at Sea and Sea for the firmware update. Sea and Sea staff in California have been very helpful and I have appreciated that.

I bought 2 ys-d1s after they had been updated. The seller I dealt with actually told me to wait until the factory people came and updated his stock. Have about 1500 shots on them and they are working fine. They are truly excellent strobes, so far. Hopefully S&S has fixed the problem.

I should also update my earlier posts. Once Sea and Sea received it, on a Friday, they had it all the way back to me, here near Niagara Falls in Ontario, by Monday which was excellent. My friend recently also ordered two of these from Mozaik Underwater Cameras.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom