how to get rid of bubbles in my dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I’ve just got my Cressi Leonardo Dive Computer and after it was submerged in the sink, it has 7 air bubbles. So I’m hoping someone can help me get rid of them. Thanks for any help.

The problem is not the bubbles but the liquid which makes them visible. Open the battery door, remove the battery and use a air-jet to dry the battery compartment. Remove and replace the o-ring as per manufacturers instructions. Replace backdoor. Or just take it to where you bought it and have it done there.

If they are in the unit, I would just return it (assuming you bought new).
Gotta ask, are you sure the bubbles aren't between the protective cover and screen?

I don't own one, so not much more help.

They appear to be on the back side of the screen protector, not in the unit itself.

They are just under the screen protector. There is a small space between the computer and the protector and some moisture will always remain there after each dive. As the computer dries they will disappear. They are not significant.

IF you had bubbles IN your computer it would have flooded and be junk now.:confused:

If it bothers you horribly get a can of compressed air or a nozzle to hook up to the low pressure port of your reg and blow them out.
After awhile the screen gets all scratched up and you can't see them anyway. :(

Why not just pop the screen protector off, towel it dry, and put it back on?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom