How to get warm in 57-degree Fahrenheit water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

During the buddy check I hope the lp inflator hose for your BCD got attached.

Finally! yes, he did notice. It was a new hose and for some reason it took several tries before we got it to click in solidly

Finally! yes, he did notice. It was a new hose and for some reason it took several tries before we got it to click in solidly

Quick question:
Looks like you are splitting three different fins between two divers???? or is that just camera angle?

Quick question:
Looks like you are splitting three different fins between two divers???? or is that just camera angle?

I'm pretty sure he had the first one on when they spun us for the picture

I used toLive in Wisconsin and dive in 40+ degree water in Lake Michigan often. I had a 7mm F. John but it was too bulky so I went to a 7mm semi dry hooded full suit but I didn't like that one either. I live in Florida now but the gulf is cold in the winter 60 deg. so I bought a Akona 7mm full suit, added hood, gloves, seasoft boots. The Akona fits me good and seals water better than the semi dry did and was a lot cheaper. In 40+ degree water and a wet suit you will be cold after 40min. dive. We always brought a thermos full of hot water and poured it down the suit b/4 and after the dive. That helps a lot. Out board motors have a port where the engine cooling lake water comes out warm. We hooked a hose to it while diving in the snow one day and that helped. Good Luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom