How to remove Archon magnetic switch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmas3

Registered
Reaction score
hello I have a archon w40vr, One of the magnetic switch is not working, no movement!
What kind of Allen key i need for removing the switch,
Metric or inch tool?

On mine no allen key worked as the edges were not sharp enough, I ended up drilling out the screws and replacing with flathead ones, greasing up the switch and now it works better than before :)

@Pkishino , do you know, it is possible to buy/order the magnetic switch as spare parts

Hmm, best bet would be to look on aliexpress or contact archon directly

But I had the same problem, switch was stuck.. It's just dirt under. So got can do like me and drill it out then replace screws. The switch will work

Ok thanks , I will try it, I must organize/buy a tool for drilling out the screws

I just used a torx that was a tiny bit larger, hammered it in and then screwed out, one screw came out fine, the other delayed and had to use plus to get the stub out

Small hex screwdrivers, or torx drivers, are often poorly made. You may find a more expensive set from a good brand name fit without any trouble--because they have been precision made. I have a set made by Wiha and they fit as if they were magnetic, which they are not.

You can also often free up a corroded stuck screw with a penetrant like PBlaster, not just a water displacement spray like WD-40. Auto parts stores carry these things. And also by soaking the parts in plain white vinegar overnight, or using a freeze spray on them. (Also in the auto stores.) If you use the freeze spray or anything else, just remember frozen plastic is easy to crack, let it warm up before banging things around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom