How to replace scubapro go fin strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Landau

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Got a pair of orange fin straps for my scubapro gos but am having issues pushing the pin out on the original straps. The instructions are just a simple pictogram showing pushing it out with a screwdriver. Push really hard hasn't had any effect.

Anyone got any hints on the best way to do this and not damage the originals?

They aren’t easy but just squeeze the split together (from memory) and push hard, they will pop out part way. Love these fins for warm water, truly great for any kick. I hope they upsize the blade design and fit a foot pocket for cold water use but sometimes that doesn’t work out.

Figured it out eventually thanks for the hints. I love them and wish they had a cold water version too.

Though some of the reason they are so much nicer than my cold water fins is that in cold water I’m wearing a Drysuit

Landau, I'm faced with the same issue. Took my replacement straps on a dive trip, but was concerned about damaging the pins. How did you figure out how to do it? Really want to use my new orange straps! Thanks!

They were tricky. I just prodded gently with a small Phillips head screwdriver trying to push from the edge towards the slot and down and out. Eventually I’d get just the right position and angle and the pin would slide right out. Took 1 to 5 minutes per pin.

Good luck!

They aren’t easy but just squeeze the split together (from memory) and push hard, they will pop out part way. Love these fins for warm water, truly great for any kick. I hope they upsize the blade design and fit a foot pocket for cold water use but sometimes that doesn’t work out.

Just saw this - there is a new version out called the Go Sport fin, which is for diving with boots on. It has a stiffer blade, too, and you can stiffen further with inserts!

Just saw this - there is a new version out called the Go Sport fin, which is for diving with boots on. It has a stiffer blade, too, and you can stiffen further with inserts!
I’ve looked at them, they aren’t stiffer but the foot pocket is nice so as soon as I can get a deal on a pair I’m going to give them a try, in the mean time I picked up some xxl go’s which can actually work with thin sole boots for warm water.

I’ve looked at them, they aren’t stiffer but the foot pocket is nice so as soon as I can get a deal on a pair I’m going to give them a try, in the mean time I picked up some xxl go’s which can actually work with thin sole boots for warm water.

The skegs make them stiffer - my bad, the blades must be the same without. But the skegs are removable, which means that you could use them for snorkelling and diving. I think they are great - been ages since I was impressed by a new fin! Keen to hear how you go with the Go Travel!

The skegs make them stiffer - my bad, the blades must be the same without. But the skegs are removable, which means that you could use them for snorkelling and diving. I think they are great - been ages since I was impressed by a new fin! Keen to hear how you go with the Go Travel!
They are impressive warm water fins, enough so that I will try the Go spot one of these days soon for cold water to see if they have the power and versility the the originals do and if that translates with the bulk and drag of the extra gear.

After really enjoying the original ScubaPro Go fins, we found the new Go Sport Travel fins while at a dive shop in Jensen Beach a few weeks ago. As a result, my wife and I both bought them and are looking forward to diving in Socorro with them. Like the barefoot version, they are super light and have gotten great reviews by testers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom