How to rig Hogarthian harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good stuff , hopefully i got mine all rigged up right for my dive tomorrow . So do the straps loosen up a bit after the first few dives will i have to readjust???? Also i have a bungie running thru the placement for my upped d ring , i take it my auto inflater goes there , or do i want to move the bungie up a little aso i have more movement witht he inflater hose ???

Trimming the webbing , once im adjusted all right , how much do i want to leave

wb416:
Unnecessary unless your harness is improperly threaded, especially going into the bottom slots coming from the shoulder.

I wont name drop, but that is the way I was taught to do it by a highly skilled and respected cave diver here in florida
seems to work just fine for me

Ive noticed that smaller framed people tend to prefer the crossed sholder straps as the straps want to pull in on your sholders. Larger bodied people seem to preffer straight...

David P:
Ive noticed that smaller framed people tend to prefer the crossed shoulder straps as the straps want to pull in on your shoulders. Larger bodied people seem to prefer straight...

I'm finding just the opposite; I rigging up my new Xmas present - a Hammerhead SS + STA. I'm not exactly petite! 5'8", 250#s, wide shoulders. If I do not cross the straps, then the angle and spacing the webbing exits the upper slot is way too narrow to rest on my shoulders, so the webbing is supporting the BP from just the innermost corner of the slot. If is cross the straps, then I have a very clean angle coming from the upper slot, no bends, and the webbing rests flat and clean.

It may be the way the Hammerhead is cut; where the upper slots are fairly close together, but then again, I have no other BP to compare it to.

And, I admit, this is my first BP, and first attempt to rig it, so, a novice am I!!! This weekend I'll play in the pool and see what works best.

rickyd:
It may be the way the Hammerhead is cut; where the upper slots are fairly close together, but then again, I have no other BP to compare it to.

I think it may be the Hammerhead design likes crossed straps, I have a generic SS plate that's rigged straight, and I have no issues. I just got an Aluminum plate from Hammerhead, and the webbing bowes in the back when I wear it straight, it looks like it would wear the webbing down quickly this way. I crossed the straps, and bingo, it all lays flat and snug. I do have wide shoulders, but the plate is different from my steel one.

I just recently got a Halcyon backplate noticed that the webbing slots are a little bigger than my old plate, my problem now is the webbing slips (on the lower slots) even with an inner tube. Im thinking of just getting rid of the inner tube and reinstall the metal retainers that came with it unless anyone has a good suggestion :)

hola, does anybody know off hand how many feet of webbing I'll need to reweb my rig?

any pros or cons with the sleeves that fit over the webbing that resists wear against the backplate? (that's why I'm replacing the webbing).

Not sure what you mean by sleeves to resist wear by the plate, but as to your other question, why not simply measure the length of your current harness?

hola, does anybody know off hand how many feet of webbing I'll need to reweb my rig?

any pros or cons with the sleeves that fit over the webbing that resists wear against the backplate? (that's why I'm replacing the webbing).

12' will cover it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom