How to secure divelights to tray with ball mounts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, I would like to buy 2 new dive lights and I think I will get 2 of those (or anyway a similar one)
US $43.03 43% di SCONTO|Nuovo LED Torcia Per Immersione Subacquea 80M XHP70 / L2 Fotografia Video Macchina Fotografica Tattico Torcia Elettrica Blu + Bianco LED Lanterna torcia|Torce LED| - AliExpress
I have a tray with 2 ball mounts like this one
https://www.amazon.it/alluminio-imp...=1&keywords=subacquea&qid=1592209090&sr=8-124

manubrio.jpg

So I need to secure the lights to the 2 ball mounts, probably with something like this

manubrio 2.jpg
Are these kind of "clips" the best way to secure the lights? Isn' there something less bulky and uncomfortable? Can you suggest me something that could be used together with the lights of the first Alixpress link I posted above?
Thanks

If you are not concerned about adjusting the position of the lights you can get some arms with standard 1/4 treads that might screw directly into your lights.
However, personally I really prefer the butterfly clips as they are easy to manipulate underwater so you can adjust the position of the lights

As long as they are not too bulky and uncomfortable I would also like to adjust the position of the lights. I am considering to get the butterfly clips as per the link below. Is there anything I should know about how to choose the clips or these are just fine?
US $6.16 44% di SCONTO|Di alluminio di CNC 1 inch Sfera di Clip Farfalla Clip di Luci Subacquee Braccio Collegato Accessori 360 Gradi Adattatore Clip Del Supporto Della Staffa per Actio| | - AliExpress

they are fine. Also allows you to "fold in" the lights during transit. Extra benefit, because they have some length to them, you can angle the lights a little bit, without having to use extension arms. Personally I use a tray like yours with my still camera in the middle, a video light on 1 ball mount, and an extension arm on the other ball mount. On the extension arm is another ball joint, with an action cam there. All flexible connections, with butterfly clips. Sometimes I swap the action cam with the light, I might get another extension arm and butterfly clip.
Last thing I've done is ran a keyring through the baseplate, so I can use a doubleender to quicly clip of the camera rig when needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom