How to stiffen webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s a specialty size that fits the small low profile dive rite cam.

I've had success using PVC pipe adhesive. Just brush on a coat, let it dry, repeat as necessary.

Cut from a wider strip of heavier webbing and heat seal the raw edge. Not ideal but could work and doesn't destroy your existing webbing if it doesn't

The reason I’m attempting to stiffen the material is the grommet I put through it pulled out after 10 hours of use. I can’t add an additional piece of webbing as the grommet will not accommodate the thickness. My thought is if I stiffen the matial the grommet Is less likely to pull out.

The reason I’m attempting to stiffen the material is the grommet I put through it pulled out after 10 hours of use. I can’t add an additional piece of webbing as the grommet will not accommodate the thickness. My thought is if I stiffen the matial the grommet Is less likely to pull out.
If you just want localized stiffness then the PVC cement or something like Shoe-Goo might work.

91617E1E-3BC0-40A1-8A2D-E3AB1BEFB045.jpeg
91617E1E-3BC0-40A1-8A2D-E3AB1BEFB045.jpeg
This is a picture of the design. This grommet hasn’t failed yet but the other one I made did.

Back
Top Bottom