How to trim drysuit seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just purchased my first drysuit and would like suggestions on methods used for determining how much to cut and how to cut seals properly. Thanks

1. I would expect the guys at the place where you purchase the DS would do it for you for free as a service for spending thousands of dollars at their shop
2. DIY, put the neck seal into a tank and cut with a brand new Gillette blade. Any other blade will do as long as it's new. For the wrist, load them into a glass bottle and use another brand new blade as well. Make sure to start cutting at the smallest/outside ring and try on. Keep cutting if necessary after trying on but, start again with the smallest/outside ring until the fit is right.

That's how I did mine after researching form different sources. It's important to do this in a well lighted place so you can see the rings on the latex material. Hope this help

Dove the suit over the weekend, did three cave dives at peacock springs. Suited up and burped the suit then jumped in , started to feel water entering from the zipper area and got out as quickly as possible and to my surprise I had not closed the zipper 100% so I fixed that mistake and tried again. Dives went well and I stayed dry. I ended up not trimming any seals and honestly couldn’t even feel the neck or wrist seals once on the dive! Next up is to get a relief valve installed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom