How to turn off IQ-600?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefHugger

Contributor
Reaction score
Recently my daughter was given a used IQ-600. Two weeks ago, we took it diving and checked it against others (Mares and Suunto). It performed as it should.

However, here we are two weeks later, and it is still showing date and time. Seems to me, to be a dreadful waste of battery. Is there a a special command to turn off the display?

Did try the manual on TUSA's website and didn't see anything on a manual turn off (don't think I missed it).

Further, the manual says that the battery is user replaceable - to follow the instructions in the manual. Again, there were no such instructions.

HI-
The IQ-600 takes a standard CR2032 battery and can be changed by gently unscrewing the battery compartment cap with a coin and swapping the battery. Take care not to pinch or lose the o-ring upon changing. The time/date function is constantly shown and there is no way to turn it off. The IQ-600 was last produced in 2002-03.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom