How to update firmware in G2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I downloaded the G2 FW v12.swu file from Scubapro and replaced the .swu file in the System folder of the G2 with this one, but the computer still shows SW version 1.1. What did I do wrong?

I think I figured it out. Afterwards you have to go to Other Settings and Update Software and chose the new firmware file. I wish the documentation was clearer.

The LogTrak app does not work right on my iPadPro. It does not allow me to set my weight, height or birthday. It works fine on my iPhone though.

The G2 does not deserve the low grade LogTrak software. The Subgear XP Air had better software. Its a shame ScubaPro put so much effort into the G2 but so little into the software to support it.

I think I figured it out. Afterwards you have to go to Other Settings and Update Software and chose the new firmware file. I wish the documentation was clearer.
Ohhhh... now I get it... you don't see option 8.8 to update the software unless you have the .swu file in the system/swupdate folder. Nice that it let's you pick which version of the firmware to update to. THANKS!

Last edited:
So should i update my G2 to latest firmware? I have no idea what it is in it. My LDS says not really any need but I usually like to keep up to date with versions of SW in general. Did you see any chnages?

So should i update my G2 to latest firmware? I have no idea what it is in it. My LDS says not really any need but I usually like to keep up to date with versions of SW in general. Did you see any chnages?
While we don't know what's in it I personally believe you should update. Most likely they corrected some bug or made some improvements. Why would you think otherwise?

I agree but I wish I knew more about it. Anytime you update firmware/software you run the risk of something going wrong. I wouldn't want to lose data or "brick" my unit. I will update it. I think there should be at least overview release notes for each update.

I agree but I wish I knew more about it. Anytime you update firmware/software you run the risk of something going wrong. I wouldn't want to lose data or "brick" my unit. I will update it. I think there should be at least overview release notes for each update.
That was true for the old Galileo. I think the G2 firmware update is not likely to brick, as you can always go back to the previous firmware file.

Ok I updated it with no problems. It is fairly straightforward. I have no idea what changes were made but it appears to be working the same (at least at the surface).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom