How to update firmware in G2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you must remove old update file and replace with new
once old sw update file is removed replace with file from download if anybody wants step by step i will post screen shots.

I have the new v1.5 firmware file copied to the correct location on my G2. However, when I go to menu 8.8 to select/install it, it's not there. Thoughts?

Purchased G2 console with loaded v1.3 firmware. Followed ScubaPro's web instructions on updating their current V1.5 and followed perfectly. However during final steps and attempting V1.5 installation actually on the G2 console....and at menu 8.8 the V1.5 firmware does not appear. Even in spite of it appearing on the console via my PC after I downloaded it onto the G2 console. Anyone have similar issue/fix? Thanks!!

I have the new v1.5 firmware file copied to the correct location on my G2. However, when I go to menu 8.8 to select/install it, it's not there. Thoughts?
Hey Sean ... did you ever solve your issue? I've encountered same thing.
Wayne

Purchased G2 console with loaded v1.3 firmware. Followed ScubaPro's web instructions on updating their current V1.5 and followed perfectly. However during final steps and attempting V1.5 installation actually on the G2 console....and at menu 8.8 the V1.5 firmware does not appear. Even in spite of it appearing on the console via my PC after I downloaded it onto the G2 console. Anyone have similar issue/fix? Thanks!!

Hi,
the scubapro G2 manual sucks!
many option disappear if you haven't enabled other features.
I had the same issue and I solved erasing the update file and rebooting the computer.

Thanks Federico222!! I'll give it a try when I've built up my courage ... did you "delete/erase" the update file on your G2 from your PC file explorer? and THEN disconnect and reboot the G2?

you must remove old update file and replace with new
once old sw update file is removed replace with file from download if anybody wants step by step i will post screen shots.

Hi Chris.....screenshots would be helpful if you have a chance...this is my issue:
Purchased G2 console with loaded v1.3 firmware. Followed ScubaPro's web instructions on updating their current V1.5 and followed perfectly. However during final steps and attempting V1.5 installation actually on the G2 console....and at menu 8.8 the V1.5 firmware does not appear. Even in spite of it appearing on the console via my PC after I downloaded it onto the G2 console.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom