How warm does your Wetsuit keep you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok

I wear a Henderson Gold Core 3mill and can stay comfortable in water as cold as 55 degrees F

but in that temp of water some people are in 2 peice 7 mill FJ.

I know there are tables but what water temp effects what you wear????

:wacko: You wear a 3 mil suit in 55 degree water?
You must be a polar bear. :cold:
I will wear a 3 mil in ~80 degrees or lower. Anything below ~60-65 for me warrants a 7 mil. Anything below ~40 warrants a drysuit.

the Pacific North West, I dive with a 7mm suit, and the water temperature on average is about 50-55 degrees. I have never been cold in my suit, the only element that makes me cold is after the dive if its windy, and I'm already wet. Then I will get cold. I suppose that if the temperature was in the low 40's or something, I would probably be cold!:)

Kayla:)

...on your tolerance to cold.

Guys like NetDoc and detroit diver can jump into 70 degree water and be fine just wearing a shorty. :D

Me, I'm a wimpy FL diver. Anything below 72F is call for a hood and 2pc wetsuit. So what, I like to be comfy.

I wear a full 3mil wetsuit in 70 degree water. In 80 degree water I'm in my diveskin or 2mil shorty. :tree: Bob

For multiple dives:

85+F 3mm shorty
80F 3mm long-sleeve jacket
70-80F add 3mm farmer john
60-70F add 2mm vest, hood, and gloves as needed

in 40-50 degree water

(plus hauling all the weight I need with it keeps me in shape LOL)

Back
Top Bottom