How will Baa Atoll compare?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wiggsy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I've been to The Maldives 3 times now, on liveaboards diving around Felidhu, South Male and South Ari Atoll....and i am just wondering how Baa Atoll would compare. I'm looking at staying at Aveyla Manta Village (which is only 10 minutes from Hanifaur Bay). I know the mantas are the biggest attraction in the area, but how does the general diving compare?

We did a liveaboard last May. The guides heard that the mantas were in Hanifaru and took us there as a surprise. We snorkeled with twenty four if them and it was awesome, one of the most amazing sights you will ever see.

The boat we went on was owned by Dharavandhoo Divers who have close links with Aveyla Manta Village.

The diving in the area was very good , we saw mantas on many of the dives. However I would not rate it as highly as the far south where we have just been. We did see a flight from Mamamgili to Dharavandhoo , combining the two areas would be wonderful.

Do please print a report when you get back.

Thanks! exactly what I needed to hear. I am hoping for the mantas in September 2017 but will also be hoping to other diving in the area is good enough to compensate if we miss the mantas! It looks like a beautiful area and Aveyla Manta Village has an excellent price point.

Well I spent a week in a Baas resort, Reethi beach and have done 3 safaris so I have been diving in most of the maldives.
I remember that the main different were sharks, I did not see a single shark during my dives.
Mantas were the mainly attraction and I had a wonderful experience in Hanifaru bay snorkeling with many mantas.
Also remember a beautiful thila Donfanu.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom