HowardE and John Chatterton on Curse of Oak Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gotcha.

Me personally, I'm not sure about the treasure on Oak Island. If I was hiding something on the island, I would have done that in the swamp... not 150 feet down.

I prefer finding shipwrecks to hunting for some mysteriously unknown treasure.

I'm sure that if they ever find anything on Oak Island, it'll be more than they'll pull off of The Republic in "Billion Dollar Wreck"
Hello Howard, First, there were indeed close to $500,000 in insurance claims filed in the resulting litigation concerning the loss of the RMS Republic, which excluded an undetermined number of losses which were privately insured. And we do have the $800,000 US Navy funds shipment and a $3 million Russian Gold shipment, albeit all circumstantial but yet very well documented. You should read my book The Tsar's Treasure, and then let me know where you find fault. Regards,

PS In just one dive, we've pulled up more in value than they have during the three seasons on Oak Island.

Last edited:
Hello Howard, First, there were indeed close to $500,000 in insurance claims filed in the resulting litigation concerning the loss of the RMS Republic, which excluded an undetermined number of losses which were privately insured. And we do have the $800,000 US Navy funds shipment and a $3 million Russian Gold shipment, albeit all circumstantial but yet very well documented. You should read my book The Tsar's Treasure, and then let me know where you find fault. Regards,

PS In just one dive, we've pulled up more in value than they have during the three seasons on Oak Island.

I could care less how much treasure they pulled up on oak island. They hired us to do a job, and we did it.

Good luck finding your treasure. If there is anything.

Last edited:
They are back!! Got a chance to see the smiling faces of John & Howard on Tuesday...Can't wait for more sightings....

Here's the teaser for tomorrow (Jan 10, 2017) Episode. (Season 4 Ep 9)

I can't wait to see how it unfolds for TV. There certainly was excitement at the time for the events.

Treasure is where you find it. I think they found their treasure in advertising revenue.
I think it's a cool show and have been watching it from the start. It's brilliant when you look at it from a production viewpoint. A bunch of guys just digging a hole. No plot or story line to have to try and build up. Just dig holes until they find something. This show could run for decades. It's genius.

Treasure is where you find it. I think they found their treasure in advertising revenue.
I think it's a cool show and have been watching it from the start. It's brilliant when you look at it from a production viewpoint. A bunch of guys just digging a hole. No plot or story line to have to try and build up. Just dig holes until they find something. This show could run for decades. It's genius.

The Lagina brothers would be there searching with or without the show. They are truly dedicated to finding the treasure (if there is any).

It was a good show. I wish they would have shown more of the dive equipment but I know it's a show about treasure and not so much diving.
There is no way I would have gone down that cassion. I'm not even claustrophobic and there is no way I'd do it. My hat is off to those guys.

The dive equipment was standard hard hat dive equipment.

John has a KM-37SS (stainless) but for the first day, there was an issue with the swing latch on his hat, so he dove my KM-37 (the off-white one) - that Mike Huntley also used later (since his was all charred up from welding, he wanted to look pretty in my hat).

John had a standard wetsuit that he cut a hole in to feed the hot water into it.

From the truck where I was on the comms with John, I also controlled the gasses supplied to him via the umbilical.

This was - Air, Trimix 21/35 and Nitrox 60% for Deco. I made the gas switches via the air supply / control panel which can be seen above the comm panel.

That's pretty much it. This was much easier diving than what we did last year, as it was a straight shot down.

Cut a hole in the wetsuit for warm water. Is that DIR compliant? Lol. I think that's great use of ingenuity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom