How's Lembongan end of december?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi there,
can anybody in the know inform what one could reasonnably expect for Lembongan area at Xmas time or end of year?

• In terms of weather (rainy all day? Partly rainy partly sunshine? cloudy all the time?)
  • In terms of sea conditions : big swell, where does it come from? quite flat seas?
  • Diving wise : which areas should normally be diveable or not? any specific critter season?
  • .. and finally in terms of atmosphere : is everybody incl. dive center staff all gone back to Bali/Europe/Australia for party?

Thanks in advance

Coming back already ? :)

Weather : difficult to predict but the island remains dryer than Bali in any case. From my personnal experience overthere it might rain a few hours (mostly at night), may be cloudy or be more sunny than in summer. The peak of the raining season being mid-january to mid-february when it can rain 2 or 3 days in a row (meaning no electricity for 2 or 3 days ...).

Sea conditions : no big change there except water temp being warmer (26° ~ 28°) except NP East Coast which remains < 23° year round. Still +/- 10 days a month with big swell.

Seasonal stuff : We've been spotting much more juvenile cuttlefish, ribbon eels, frog fish, leaf scorpion fish + much more porcelain & urangutan crabs in low season. They seem to do not really appreciate cold waters or the many divers during high season ...
More manta rays @ Manta Bay than the numbers we have at the moment. Seems to be the mating season at the moment and we have mostly juveniles at Manta Bay ...

Island atmosphere : I would say 4x less tourists on the island in general. Mostly Aussies.
Locals + Indonesians from other areas stay on the island, 2/3 of western staff is gone. It's cheaper, slower, more quiet, more friendly : way better !

Coming back already ? :)
Would love to, anytime! :D

Weather : difficult to predict but the island remains dryer than Bali in any case.

That's what I suspected, hence my questions.

Island atmosphere :... It's cheaper, slower, more quiet, more friendly : way better !
Sold! :banana:... errh, almost.

Hi,

I'm planning trip to Bali in December, please could you prefer some local diving shop or/and good sites for a beginner diver? (I have just finished AOWD).

Thank you.

PM sent, tomas123

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom