HP 100 Scuba Tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

knotsofast

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Steel 3500 psi 100 cf tank in current hydro and vip, has DIN valve, $200

Attachments

• HP100.JPG
    HP100.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 458
What does it matter if it's in hydro and vip? Lots of people are very confused about dates and who actually makes tanks. Only a handful of manufacturers worldwide, but I wouldn't buy any made in the orient.
What's the brand & born-on date?
Where are you located?

Thanks,
Mike

What does it matter if it's in hydro and vip? Lots of people are very confused about dates and who actually makes tanks. Only a handful of manufacturers worldwide, but I wouldn't buy any made in the orient.

Are you kidding?!! Tanks have a lifespan. Just because it passed the last one doesn't mean it'll pass the next. The tank could be 25 years old and nearing the end. Absolutely matters. No confusion about it. Additionally, the fact you are aware there ARE lessor quality tanks out there makes it strange you wouldn't answer who manufactured this cylinder.

It matters a lot. I teach diving, I work in a dive shop and among other things, I do vis & hydros on tanks. I very much know about brand names and what all the numbers mean. Tanks have a lifespan and since you live here in Florida you should know that many shops, in the Keys especially, are getting skittish about filling any tank over 15 years old with some shops flat out refusing to fill aluminum tanks over 15 yrs old. I've also seen a lot of tanks that were pretty on the outside but extremely nasty on the inside and required a LOT of tumbling. The older they are, the more likely they've been neglected or simply got some small amount of moisture inside and started flash rusting.
A hydro lasts for 5 full years and a lot can happen and change in that 5 years. Although a vis is good for only 1 year, a lot can chance in 1 year too. Just being in vis or hydro is not a guarantee that the tank is in good shape.
Last, since it appears that the tank is not nitrox qualified & I intend to qualify the tank for nitrox, the current vis doesn't mean anything because I'll have to drain it and clean it and redo the vis check again anyway. It would have been simpler to just answer the questions and let the readers decide if the info you gave was of use or not. You're trying to sell the tank, make the potentional customers happy.

since you asked....

Well if the tank is not in Hydro and VIP, then it will need a hydro, VIP and maybe an O2 cleaning for Nitrox. Which means the user will have to pay $40 to $75 more for all of that on top of what you're asking for ($200).

So it might mean for what you're asking for your tank, and the extra expense in getting it serviced, it might not be worth diving.

:idk:

Oh - it matters.

Since it is a 3500 psi HP100 - it might be a PST tank.

If so - its last ever hydro potential is this May!!!!!!! (unless PST 100 owners like myself get lucky and someone applies for the exemption) - Meaning that without the application - that tank has a less than 5 year lifespan left!!!!!!!

Now do you see why it matters?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom