HP hose with adaptor to lp port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out the OxyCheq (flow data on their page), and Northeast Scuba Supply (John ) has them....

Inline, BC (QD), and DIN options

Don't talk him out of it quite yet, I almost am ready to run the trial.

received_348751799014907.jpeg

cant wait!!!

Btw, I already emailed John and Oxy and both their restrictors are 2 lpm. Only mcmaster carr may have something, but i have no idea how to do the calculations and conversions from their specs.

105 seconds for 1.5l @ ~15psi IP. Tank at 2200psi.

That gave me 1.2LPM.

The IP adjustment gets sensitive and finger adjustable at those low IPs, but watching the bubbles it was easy to dial it down to 1/4 this 1.2LPM flow rate. I'd want to use something to prevent the IP adjust getting shook loose or jarred when not pressurized. Drop of thread-locking fluid (blue loctite) maybe?

received_361366097945675.jpeg

received_326746838146685.jpeg

bottom line, you put a needle valve in that configuration, you will have it...

repeat-ability become the issue without a flow meter...

This is most helpful, thank you for doing this experiment for me.

And thank you all for your input.

I think I will tune the ip down as much as possible on the first stage, loctite it in place, and also use the nuvair 2 lpm flow restrictors. That rating is said to be using 100psi, so if I set the ip down to 30psi or less that should theoretically give me less than 1 lpm, correct?

Enjoyable little test, thanks for the idea and giving me a reason to give it a go.

Somewhere online there is a brilliant flow meter made of a tube and pen cap, incredibly simple design and accurate enough. Couldn't find again. Was on a rebreather website, maybe Russian.

Anyone want to check my test results against the math? Won't show which part is causing the inaccuracy but I'm curious how close the test results are to good enough.

Cameron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom