Hp Seat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apeks won't respond in this thread unless you are an authorized service technician working for an authorized dealer, so don't expect anything from here. Very few mfg's will break up their parts kits as replacing the HP seat without the rest of the kit will imply you aren't performing a full maintenance to the regulator

if you can find someone that installed a 5th port kit recently, they may have an extra seat. The kits come with an extra hp seat iirc.

if you can find someone that installed a 5th port kit recently, they may have an extra seat. The kits come with an extra hp seat iirc.

But you have to use that when you change to a 5th port, otherwise you might/will get creep. I have this one well-behaved ATX100 (FST) 1st stage that I was able to remove and reseat the HP valve with no creep. Tried that with my other Apeks 1st stages but no joy :).

Another practical limitation is that you also have to change the main diaphragm during service so might as well get the entire kit.

Actually, change everything during the service is the best we can do when we service a reg. I am not sure that the oring´s that come with the kit are hardness 90. I prefer to use the oring´s that I buy for hp. I am trying to buy hp seats and diaphragms. Not always is easy to find in my location the service kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom