Hudson Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

superstar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am going to be in Huson Florida the last week of April and want to do some gulf diving. Are there any charters in the Hudson area?
What are the dive sites like?
Thanks.

There sure are. Wet Yet Charters can be found in my sig line :) April is one of the best months around here IMO. The water is still a shade cold but the wildlife and viz are most excellent.

You can find a couple dive buds over in the Greater Tampa Forum, if you'd like, just come over and say hi: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/greater-tampa-bay-area/

What is a shade cold in degrees fehrenheit? What kind of dive sites are in the Hudson area? wrecks, reefs? how deep? how far out? any currents?
Is Scuba West the place to rent tanks?

Well, the gulf water temp NOW is 63-64, so I am guessing it would be around in the low 70s (far warmer than you have in MI).

I live just a little north of Hudson and my dive shop went out of business so I now get fills at Scuba West. They fill them while I wait and hit the nitrox blends very accurately. To fill my steel 120s with nitrox is about $10. I stopped in the day after Christmas, the parking lot was FULL of divers waiting to get in. I told them I needed fast fills because I was meeting the charter boat as soon as I could get there. I didnt miss my boat!

I have been out with Wet Yet charters for the past two weekends and will be diving with them again this weekend. THEY ARE THE BEST YOU WILL FIND IN THE HUDSON AREA, PERIOD! They are also located very close to Scuba West. I get off the charter and stop in SW on my way home to refill tanks.

If you post in the Tampa Bay area I will see it and we could try to put a dive together.

Have fun and safe diving!

Why don't you try the Hudson Grotto LOL....it has great viz! It is actually a pretty cool dive if you have never be there before.

Hudson Grotto is described as a 'toilet bowl' by some divers. Very dark tanic water and low visibility make it an advanced dive.
It is the only place I know of where you can do a night dive in the middle of the day!

Hudson Grotto is described as a 'toilet bowl' by some divers. Very dark tanic water and low visibility make it an advanced dive.
It is the only place I know of where you can do a night dive in the middle of the day!

LOL...the "toilet bowl" Thats the perfect name!

Hey where have you been??

Now HG does have an upside - like testing new gear and..... Okay I'm stumped can't think of anymore :D:wink:

I haven't been diving due to a infected ear drum. It is better now, so just starting diving again! I think everyone should experience diving at Hudson atleast once.....:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom