Hudson River Based

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lake George can be numb but there are places that at least have interesting structure. The east side across from Roger's Rock - especially near Anthony's Nose at Flat Rock and Profile Rock's. Also, if you are into hunting for perfect quartz crystals the area around Diamond Island is the place to go - or so I'm told.

Ugh.. dove the Hudson River today to recover a friends lost bracelet that dropped off the dock at the marina by boat is in by Kingston, NY. 17 ffw, literally no visibility and cold! I was able to get the bracelet, along with about 200' of fishing line and many empty beer bottles! First dive of the year!

Hey @Kland84 , you ever dive lake minnewaska? I was considering it for some drysuit practice sessions over the next 2 weeks before a trip to Cali, but I'm not sure of anyone still dives it. I know there were some visibility issues a couple years ago, but supposedly the geology is pretty interesting .

Hey @Kland84 , you ever dive lake minnewaska? I was considering it for some drysuit practice sessions over the next 2 weeks before a trip to Cali, but I'm not sure of anyone still dives it. I know there were some visibility issues a couple years ago, but supposedly the geology is pretty interesting .

I did my open water dives there! Cold and no aqua life, but not a bad dive. The local dive shop does "altitude diving" classes there now... Last time I have a dive logged there was 2015. Might try again this year as my brother just got OW certified.

I did my open water dives there! Cold and no aqua life, but not a bad dive. The local dive shop does "altitude diving" classes there now... Last time I have a dive logged there was 2015. Might try again this year as my brother just got OW certified.
Okay, good to know, thanks! I thought it might be a good alternative to Dutch in the early season before they open 7 days a week. I usually have Mondays off and I usually want to dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom