Huge, Cheap Knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
A friend of mine brought his new "Little Brother"--Big Brother Program--by so I could meet him. I decided I should get him a Christmas present so I ran by Harbor Freight to pick up something for him, the electric model airplane etc. Anyways, while in the checkout line I saw the hugeist honking knife and for only nine dollars. Eight inch stainless blade, super sharp serrated saw edge, aluminum anodized grip with O-ring sealed internal compartment with compass. Hmmmmm, that looks like a dive knife to me. Yep, I got a new dive knife and I may retire the old SeaHawk. Made by Gordon, sold at Harbor freight. N

Looks like you can shed a couple of pounds off the weight belt with that dive machette. Perfect for cutting the bad guy's double hose.

Mike Nelson and Crocodile Dundee would both approve.

Cleveland, the thing is actually pretty sharp and appears quite sturdy. I may need to work up a different sheath. I may attach it to my RH shoulder harness lengthwise because when hung from the belt it goes all the way to my knees. This thing is huge!!!! I could chop a shark in half with this baby. I am trying to figure on should I leave the compartment or fill it with epoxy. Not sure. I may try it as is for now. The only knife I think I have bigger than this is the genuine Bowie given to my g- grandfather to grandfather who gave it to my father who gave it to me. It is bigger but not suitable for diving as it is not stainless and the bone handles need to be repinned. I wonder why it has all those notches in the handle, my GGGF liked to carve on things I am told, Yankees and bears and such.
This thing is made of course in China but it really looks decent for nine dollars. At that price you can get two and have an extra.
N

I'd buy one! I love Habor Freight, there is no way I can go there and just buy what I came for, too many temptations.

What about strapping it to your leg in one of the old school sheaths? Some of those babies should be big enough to hold it. I love wearing my vintage knife/sword on my calf. Easy to access and very cool. I keeping eyeing those vintage CO2 pistol spear guns to go with it, but I'd be far too tempted to use it inappropriately.

My vote is leave the chamber intact if it is watertight . Think about it, a mini dive save kit could fit in there.... assorted o-rings, hp & lp port plugs, heck that thing is so big you stow an extra knife in your knife.

I will be looking in the bin at HF for sure next time!

Yeah, thney were in a bin next to the cash register. On the shelf behind the cash register where underwater video monitors for 99 dollars! Yeah, a dive kit in the handle---excellent idea. Maybe some of those scissors the D-ring crowd likes so much in there too in case I need to do some underwater sewing.
This knife is probably to big to fit on my calf. It is bigger than the SeaHawk as you see in the pic which is BTW a huge knife itself and does fit decent on my calf or usually thigh.
This knife has a serious saw edge on it--serious.
N

Back
Top Bottom