For Sale Huge tank sale, single, doubles - CLOSED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lobzilla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After moving to the mountains and with increased family obligations I decided to sell most of my gear. This is not some odd collection from the bottom of the drawer but my active/backup gear. Let's start with the tanks. The attached list will be updated daily.

All tanks will have fresh hydro. Once I receive your payment, I will bring the tank(s) to a local test facility with a two day turn around. I will have the tanks dried. You take care of O2 clean and VIP.

I can deliver between Philadelphia and Baltimore and from there along I-81, I-77 and I-40 towards Asheville, NC. Maybe a little beyond that if you pay fuel.

Please PM for pictures of the tank(s) you are serious about. All tanks look very nice.

The "+" behind the pressure is an official rating. The "++" in the volume column indicates that these tanks will hold quite a bit more in cave country or if you have your own compressor.

The manifolds listed as "IT" are from Europe and may come from the same mill than the Halcyon manifolds. They look very, very similar, take the same seals and work great. (If somebody could educate me on them I'd be grateful. PM for pictures) Again, not some odd junk but quality items I bet my life on.

The PST104 and X8-130 doubles dive virtually identical. For cave country I would buy the 104s to save some $$. Elsewhere, I would go with the X8-130 to get the same volume from a wimpy LDS fill. Or buy them both; they are the gold standard of OC cave/wreck diving for a reason. Both sets are a handful on land or a boat but a joy in the water - with a drysuit of course.

The double AL80s are super sweet with a wetsuit. In a flow cave I get about as far (quicker) with them as with the 104s in a drysuit. They are also great for diving dry in freshwater with some weight (ask me for hard and soft V weights if interested). In my opinion an excellent, mostly underrated, double set especially if you just transition from single tank or need to watch the $$.

The double LP46s are somewhat of a connoisseur's item. Wonderful for shore dives if you always want to dive the same rig. (I have 4 leightweight Interspiro 4500PSI composite tanks for transfilling but have to check with the hydro folks about expiration due to calendar age)

I have one Halcyon Evolve 60# wing and one Halcyon 40# wing for sale that I dove all the listed doubles with. The buyer(s) of the double tank sets get first dibs on the matching wings for 60% of new price, OBO. Both wings are in great shape. Also got backplates and harnesses for little $$. The only thing I keep at this point is my Oxycheck "pretty fish dive" rig.

Attachments

• SbTanks0528.pdf
    14.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
if you havent already sold them all, can i get a price list?

Updated the list, lowered some prices, and added items.

Since I have to leave town towards the end of next week, you need to let me know by Sunday what tanks(s) you want to get the hydro and delivery done before my departure.

If you like a tank but don't have the money yet, make a down payment. I'll get the hydro done, and we deal with final payment and delivery upon my return at the end of June.

And as always, all prices are negotiable within reason.

I updated the list attached to the first post of this thread. That list indicates what's left and has specs and asking prices. All prices are "Or Best reasonable Offer".

Need to know by tomorrow (Sunday evening) what you want to purchase so I can get these tanks to hydro.

Last edited:
Sending PM

About half of the tanks are gone. Still many very useful items left.

Steel tanks for kids or vertically challenged adults, stages big (AL80) and small (AL40), Aluminum 80 doubles (everybody should have a set of these ;-), big honking cave or deep wreck doubles that any LDS will fill to capacity, etc. Here is the most recent list.

Hurry up folks, make me a reasonable offer soon. What does not find a home today will be reposted no earlier than July.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom