Huish buys AUP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Huish Outdoors does not own Sharkskin. Sharkskin is a company from Australia / New Zealand. Huish Outdoors is the North American distributor for Sharkskin.
Sorry, my mistake. I knew they were the distributor for Suunto, I did not know about Sharkskin.

Hi, I'm new here.

[Partial cross post from the gear forum]

I was looking at Lavacore products and noticed that many sizes were unavailable/discontinued. I wrote LavacoreInternational.com, inquiring whether that was due to a new product line coming out or whether they were going out of business.

The reply I got was, "...Oceanic and Hollis are no longer selling Lavacore..."

Looks like a casualty of the Huish acquisition. They probably picked Sharkskin. Not sure whether Lavacore will be picked up by another company.

I just talked with an employee of a shop that was already selling both Oceanic/Hollis and Huish. He said they were assured that the inventory and delivery problems that had been plaguing Oceanic/Hollis would be cleared up within 60 days.
because somebody discovered a instant way to make scuba gear? yeah not.

Some stuff may be starting to roll in 60 days, the majority will be 3-4 months at best and some will take 6 months. Season 2017 for Oceanic/Hollis will be a non season

I've found Sharkskin to be superior to Lavacore, IMO
AUP no longer had Lavacore, not acquired by the big H

because somebody discovered a instant way to make scuba gear? yeah not.

Some stuff may be starting to roll in 60 days, the majority will be 3-4 months at best and some will take 6 months. Season 2017 for Oceanic/Hollis will be a non season

What is/was going on with Ocean/Hollis and not having inventory? Were they unable to pay for it due to $$$ issues?

Back
Top Bottom