• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Huish Outdoors issues

Discussion in 'General Scuba Equipment Discussions' started by Cds1785, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Peter McCann

Peter McCann Angel Fish

That's a good idea. It could be as simple as management not staying on top of CS, in which case, the remedy is straightforward. Do you have those email addys? I'd like to send them links to a couple of threads...

2. Gtoph

Gtoph Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Agree as well. Contacted their Tech support for a computer issue before Xmas (while we were on a Trip actually using them no less) and have yet to hear back. Contacted them again a few days ago for another issue related to a reg, and have yet to hear back.

3. runsongas

runsongas Loggerhead Turtle

The industry must also be in much worse shape than what most believe too if Zeagle/Atomic/Bare were takeover targets due to their inability to continue as going concerns. They all have pretty significant customer followings for at least their respective BC, Reg, and Wetsuit/Drysuit offerings

W W Meixner likes this.
  4. W W Meixner

W W Meixner Rebreather Pilot

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    RSG...

Absolutely...PADI sold out...You don't sell out your life's work because you're making too much money...

As far as brands like Zeagle and Atomic...They were always over-priced in my opinion...

Personally...I always liked BARE...I have a ''pre- Huish buy-out'' BARE semi dry...it's a great product...

I know there's been some recent ''quality'' issues...that have not affected me...but I liked Suunto as well...I always felt comfortable with ''Made in Finland''...

The big problem is going to come when shops carrying products which have been taken over by Huish...start switching brands due to Huish's lack-luster dealer support...once this happens Huish will be in trouble if their not already...as will those stuck with Huish brand products...when support/parts start to disappear...

I've always used DGX as a gauge...if Mark Derek drops a product line...like Atomic...Hollis...and a few others...there's good reason to stay away from it...

Best...

Warren

5. runsongas

runsongas Loggerhead Turtle

mandarinfish is a florida private equity just fyi, not chinese

6. Wookie

Wookie Orange Man Bad Staff Member ScubaBoard Business Sponsor

Mandarinfish holdings is no more Chinese that I am.... and I’m obviously a fat Dane.

7. W W Meixner

W W Meixner Rebreather Pilot

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Who and where does Mandarin Fish trace back to...

W.

8. Wookie

Wookie Orange Man Bad Staff Member ScubaBoard Business Sponsor

Their Securities and Exchange Commission filings have them in Palm Beach Florida.

9. Peter McCann

Peter McCann Angel Fish

Never did receive a reply on either message left on 12/31. If it's impossible to get info pre-sale, what does that say about how a problem would be handled?