Hull Cleaning Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hull cleaning! I have my first bunch of haul cleanings coming up that aren't from friends!!!!

Their is a race season starting and a few boats called me so I'll be cleaning their hulls after my vacation:)

just thought IDE share since I have never really talked about hull cleaning on the hull cleaning thread:/

if you are going to inspect a peir you really need to know what you are doing. there is alot of thing to look at for example weld craking, spaling of the concreat and other things there is alot involved. You should also clean marine growth off of any critical areas and make sure you take picture lot of them when you see any thing strange or questionalble. Also if you are going to get in to inspection work you should get the book call the Commercial divers traing manual it is used by alot of dive school and goes in detail about inspections and peir construction

if you are going to inspect a peir you really need to know what you are doing. there is alot of thing to look at for example weld craking, spaling of the concreat and other things there is alot involved. You should also clean marine growth off of any critical areas and make sure you take picture lot of them when you see any thing strange or questionalble. Also if you are going to get in to inspection work you should get the book call the Commercial divers traing manual it is used by alot of dive school and goes in detail about inspections and peir construction

Thanks! I'll get that book...

I wasnt going to inspect it alone. I was planing on hiring a friend of mine who does alot of welding and knows a bunch of stuff about construction. I was also thinking of hiring another friend of mine who used to work for a very large commercial diving operation, so I definitely have enough eyes and minds looking at critical parts.

fastbottoms,

I cleaned hulls in LA, San Pedro, and Redondo, working for several different people, for about seven years, and have been doing something else for the last four years. I was thinking about getting back into into it on my own but have some concerns that maybe you could help me dissolve. It is quite a lengthy list, but these questions have been plaguing me for some time.

I have never dove off anything other than tanks because the noise of compressors is an issue in LA. I was wondering how may decibels the 1020 puts out and if anyone has ever complained about the noise. I know a honda eu 2000 generator puts out around 59 decibels and that seems pretty loud.

I was also wondering your process for plugging into shore power when all of the outlets are being used. Do customers mind if you have to unplug their power?

I never had to have insurance or workman's comp to clean boats in these places and was wondering if these are now necessary to have in California and the average cost?

I was also wondering your procedure for obtaining dock keys and your thoughts on the effects that "prop speed" and "boat baths" might have on the industry?

Back
Top Bottom