Hull Cleaning Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i AM NEW TO THE area and would like to make some extra on the weekends. I have my own gear and have been around boats all my life. If you get some work that you can't get to and don't mind an extra pair of fins in the water doing what you are doing then drop me a line.

541-788-1988

I am having difficulty locating insurance requirements and companies to purchase insurance from in Southern California. Does anyone have any information to help with this?

I'm a master diver from Kansas, and planning to head to Sarasota for the winter to snowbird before heading to Portland Oregon to start graduate school summer 2016. I want to get into hull cleaning in Florida and learn the trade, then get involved once I get to Oregon (part time) while I go to school. I'm interested in buying my own equipment and already own much of my own gear. Anyone needing any help with hull de-fouling, zinks, etc. look me up. I've been self employed for 22 years in Kansas, and have a bachelors degree in management and ethics. I'd like to work as a contractor/sub contractor doing hull cleaning, which is the only way to do it thanks to OSHA and the rest of the government red tape. I have done some reading on the nightmares of dealing with them on commercial diving. I should have mentioned that I have a Kansas State Safe boaters card which is required in order to rent boats here in certain circumstances. It was an all day course with exams.

1.- Check craigslist in Sarasota for help wanted. Dive services in Florida advertise all the time looking for help.

2.- Good luck earning a living as a hull diver in Portland. Largely an unnecessary service there.

Last edited:
1.- Check craigslist in Sarasota for help wanted. Dive services in Florida advertise all the time looking for help.

2.- Good luck earning a living as a hull diver in Portland. Largely an unnecessary service there.

Why is that? their hulls get nasty too don't they?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom